Brian P. Battaglia
Brian P. Battaglia is a shareholder with Battaglia, Ross, Dicus and Wein, P.A., practicing in the areas of commercial and business litigation, health law, insurance litigation, employment litigation and appellate law.
Mr. Battaglia received his B.S. from Florida State University, his J.D. from Drake University School of Law, and his LL.M. in Health Law from the Loyola University of Chicago, Institute for Health Law. Mr. Battaglia is licensed to practice law before all courts in the State of Florida, as well as various Federal Courts including the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Battaglia has also been certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Court Mediator.
Mr. Battaglia was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Florida. He is a graduate of St. Petersburg Catholic High School.
Mr. Battaglia has handled a wide variety of legal matters since joining the firm in 1986. Mr. Battaglia has represented numerous individuals and corporations in litigation and transactional matters.
In the commercial, business and employment arena, Mr. Battaglia has acted as counsel in complex contract disputes, zoning and land use issues, and claims involving Federal and State employment law at both the Trial and Appellate levels.
Mr. Battaglia has also represented individuals, providers and entities in the health care industry concerning employment issues, ERISA, practice purchase and sales, nursing home risk management issues and reimbursement.
Mr. Battaglia has served on the St. Petersburg Bar Association's Executive Committee. Mr. Battaglia has also served as a director on various community boards. Mr. Battaglia previously served as President and Board Member for the Pinellas Opportunity Council.
As well, Mr. Battaglia served as a director of Bay Area Legal Services, Inc. from 1994 to 1997, and from 1993 to 1995 was President of the Community Law Program where he continues to serve on the Board of Trustees. Mr. Battaglia has also been honored for his pro bono activities, receiving the Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award for Florida's Sixth Judicial Circuit.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation; Business and Corporate
- Health Law
- Employment Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Mediator, Supreme Court of Florida, 1995
- Florida, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Juris Doctor
- Florida State University
- St. Petersburg Catholic High School
Honors and Awards
- Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award, Florida's Sixth Judicial Circuit, 1994 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar, Secretary, 2000 - 2001
- St. Petersburg Bar, Executive Committee, Member, 1994 - 1995
- Community Law Program, Board of Trustees, Member, 1989 - 2000
- Bay Area Legal Services, Board of Directors, Member, 1994 - 1997
- Community Law Program, Past President, 1993 - 1995
- Pinellas Opportunity Council, Past President
- Pinellas Opportunity Council, Board Member, 1990 - 1993
- Advisory Board, Florida State University's School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Member