Sean K. McQuaid
Sean McQuaid is a named partner with the firm practicing in the areas of criminal defense, personal injury/wrongful death and general civil litigation.
Mr. McQuaid joined the firm as an associate in 2000, was made a shareholder as of Jan 1, 2006 and became a named partner in April, 2013, the fastest rise in the 60 year firm history.
Mr. McQuaid's criminal practice has grown dramatically and he routinely represents defendants charged with serious crimes throughout the state at both the state and federal level. Mr. McQuaid has successfully and discretely handled many high profile cases. He also is available to handle post-conviction motions, appeals, record sealing and expungement.
His personal injury and wrongful death practice has also greatly expanded over the past few years. He has handled a variety of injury/death actions and all litigation related thereto.
His civil practice also covers a wide range of areas. Mr. McQuaid handles general civil litigation, commercial litigation, contract litigation and trust and probate litigation.
Mr. McQuaid is a member of the Florida Bar, the Bar of the Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the St.Petersburg Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and various other legal associations.
Mr. McQuaid is a Martindale Hubbel AV rated attorney and has received the highest ranking possible from both his peers and clients. He also has been awarded a perfect Avvo ranking.
In addition to his impressive legal practice and accolades, Mr. McQuaid has also been recognized for his service to the community. In August 2010, Governor Charlie Crist appointed him to the Judicial Nominating Commission for the Sixth Judicial Circuit covering Pinellas and Pasco Counties. The Commission is responsible for nominating both county and circuit court judges to the Governor for appointment. The term of his appointment is from August 20, 2010 to July 1, 2014. Mr. McQuaid also was appointed by St. Petersburg Mayor Bill Foster and City Council to serve on the Nuisance Abatement Board where he currently holds the position of Vice Chair. Mr. McQuaid has also been the President of the Harbor Isle Homeowners' Association in St. Petersburg for the past 5 years, a member of the St. Petersburg Sports Alliance and remains extremely active in the community.
Mr. McQuaid has been a resident of the St. Peterburg area since August 1997 when he began his legal studies at Stetson University College of Law. During law school he was a member of the Moot Court Board from 1998 through 2000.
While at Princeton University, Mr.McQuaid was a four (4) year varsity letterman, captain of the Princeton Baseball Team and a member of Kappa Alpha Order.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- General Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2000
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 2000
- Honors: Moot Court Board, Member, 1998-2000
- Princeton University
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: Varsity Letterman
- Honors: Princeton Baseball Team, Captain
- Stetson University, St. Petersburg, Florida
- M.B.A. - 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Pinellas County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Leadership of St. Petersburg, Class of 2007, Member
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Sixth Circuit, Member
- Advisory Board, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Suncoast Chapter
- St. Petersburg Sports Alliance, Member
- Harbor Isles Homeowners' Association, President
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Suncoast Chapter Executive Committee, Board Development Chair of Advisory Board
- City of St. Petersburg Nuisance Abatement Board, Oct 2011
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Princeton Club of Tampa Bay, Member